KLPM Leasing Procedures for Agents
- Show the Property
- Follow FMLS showing instructions.
- Vacant properties are on SUPRA lockboxes and available to show anytime. See FMLS for availability.
- Tenant-occupied properties are also on SUPRA lockbox BUT shown by appointment only. Please follow the instructions in the private remarks of the FMLS listing to make an appointment with the tenant.
- Oversee Your Prospect's Application
- Refer tenant to keyrentalhomes.com/how-to-rent-from-us to complete the Rental Application procedure and pay the applications fee electronically.
- Each adult occupant must submit an application and pay a non-refundable application fee of $40 per applicant.
- Applicant(s) will also need to provide the following:
- Drivers' License
- Signed Rental Qualification and Consent Form
- Proof of Income
- Oversee Reservation of the Property
- Once the application is approved, the applicant must pay a NON-REFUNDABLE Reservation Fee ( converts to first month's rent upon move-in) using our online payment link. They may also bring certified funds to our office.
- Applicant must sign the Rental Reservation Agreement. This will be sent to them as a link from Docusign.com. Once received, the property is removed from marketing and move-in is scheduled.
- Properties can be "held" for 30 days from receipt of the Reservation Fee. Applicants may sign the lease in advance for utility purposes, contingent upon receiving security deposit. This helps minimize move-in delays.
- Complete Broker Paperwork
- Esign GAR "broker to broker" referral agreement that will be sent to you via Docusign.com and email a copy of your Broker's W-9 to
- Referral fees are paid only "broker to broker" and only after Key Locations Property Management receives the completed GAR referral agreement and W-9 for the cooperating agent's broker.
- If tenant has not signed the lease, and their application has been approved including payment of the NON-REFUNDABLE Reservation Fee ( converts to first month's rent upon move-in), then KLPM will draft the lease and convey it to the tenant via Docusign.com where it may be reviewed and eSigned by tenant prior to move in.
- KLPM staff will complete a move in condition video and move in condition report just prior to lease start date. Tenant must review and sign condition report online via Docusign.com and pay any security deposits, pet fees etc., either online or by certified funds, prior to receiving keys to the property.
- Once the above has been completed the tenant may schedule a time to come by our office and collect the keys, garage door remotes, etc and take possession of the property.
- Once tenant's take possession of the property they will have 3 business days to compare the items of the move in condition report to the property condition when they take possession and note any additional items that may not have been listed on the report. They just need to email us a list of any additional items and we will respond that they have been added to their file. We encourage tenants to take their own pictures and/or videos of the property to document the condition upon possession for their own records.
- Since the agents are not listed on our leases they will need to get a copy of the lease from their client if their Broker requires a copy.
- Agent's check will be mailed to Broker within the agreed upon days after tenant occupies property.